What is MBTI-Based Team Coaching?
Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the team members go through a number of exercises together to look at both the Individual Types in the team and also the Team Type. This allows the team to identify its strengths and its potential areas for development, to create an Action Plan based on this, and thereby improve Teamworking.
Programme Overview; Team Day
- Aims & Objectives, both individually and as a Team
- Re-cap of the Preference Pairs (E/I, S/N, T/F, J/P), & understanding the Opposite Preferences
- Exploration of the Individual MBTI Types in the team
- Exploration of the MBTI Team Type, actual and ideal
- Action Planning: What has been learned and how can it be used to improve Teamworking?
- Wrap Up & Review
(a) Prior to the Team Day, each member of the team completes the on-line MBTI questionnaire, and then has a one-to-one feedback session to review the results, which takes approximately 2 hours to complete. This allows each member to take part in the Team Day with a clear understanding of their own MBTI Type.
(b) Full Team Day, 8.30am to 5.00pm. The objective of this is to improve Teamworking by giving everyone a clear insight into their own MBTI Type, the MBTI Type of the other team members, and the Team Type. This information is then used to develop Individual and Team Action Plans.